If you run a contracting business, great article on the Small Business Trends website today titled “10 Solid Marketing Tips for your Contracting Business“.
I suggest you read the whole article, but here are some key points to help your business:
- It’s a $339 billion dollar industry. Yes…that’s $339,000,000,000. Plenty of room for you to get a few of those zeros.
- Don’t skimp on your marketing budget.
- Marketing is not a one-off. You should always be in marketing mode.
- You need a website. Many contractors either 1) don’t have a website; or 2) have one that looks like it was built in 1990. If you have a simple, professional website, it gives you a big advantage over your competitors. Choose a web template over at Wix and let 3 Page Plus build your website. Quick. Affordable. Professional.
- Be professional. Get yourself a nice logo and put the needed effort to make both your print and online marketing stand out in the crowd.
- Make sure your website is optimized for SEO so you audience can find you. Local SEO will play a HUGE role in this.
Best of luck to you and your contractor business!!